A camp and retreat center in Wilseyville, Calaveras County, California for nonprofit groups of 12-167.
Located at an elevation of 3000 feet in the sierra foothills, in Wilseyville, California,
Camp Lodestar occupies 425 acres of meadow and woodlands. It is rich in varied ecological environments and steeped in the history of the mother lode country.
Camp Lodestar is ideal for outdoor education. On-site Indian grinding rocks inspire a hands-on experience of Native American daily life. Camp Lodestar offers diverse plant and animal life to study and appreciate along trails through the meadow, along a river and pond, and through forests.
– International House – Retreat center with semi-private rooms for 20 persons (bedding available).
– Toad Hall – Lodge with eight bedrooms for 32 persons.
– Dormitories – Two dormitories house 20 persons each.
– Tent Cabins – Eight tent cabins with wood and canvas sides and shingled roofs, sleep 8 people each.
– Leaders Cabin – Available to group leaders, a two bedroom house with living room and kitchen (also used as a Nurse’s cabin).
– Meal Service – homemade meals served buffet-style
– Own Cooking Option – fully equipped kitchen- for groups of up to 22 people
– Swimming pool
– Volleyball and basketball
– hiking, winter snow skiing
– nearby fishing
– High and Low challenge Ropes Course
– Gold Disc Course