A camp and retreat center near Foresthill, Placer County, California for nonprofit groups of 10-95.
Located at 4,000 feet near Foresthill, California, Community of the Great Commission is on 428 acres in the sierra foothills. Stately pines and panoramic views make this site a beautiful and exciting place to go to for summer camp, year-round adult retreats, and weekend family camps. Community of the Great Commission is an ideal place to bring groups to focus on your program. It’s also a great place to have fun, whether relaxing by the swimming pool, going on scenic hikes or enjoying the view of the Crystal Range of the high sierras.
– Claar House – contains retreat facilities with semi-private rooms for 20 persons (bedding and towels provided). Personal shower items not provided.
– The Bobbit Area – has 8 cabins (each sleeping 10 people in bunk beds), all winterized with bathrooms.
– Locations for tent camping and RV parking available (no hookups).
– Meal Service – homemade family-style meals or buffet available for all groups, served in the dining hall by our friendly staff.
– Own Cooking Options – fully equipped kitchen in Bobbit Hall. Or do your own cooking at Claar House!
– Swimming pool with changing rooms and restroom facilities.
– Volleyball, basketball, horse shoes, ping pong.
– Grassy field available for outdoor games.
– Easy access to historic mining towns, Tahoe National Forest, cross country skiing.