St. Scholastica Monastery is listed on the National Register of Historic Places due to its influence in the areas of Education, Architecture, and Religion. The original structure, designed by F.W. Redlich of Oklahoma City in 1923, is a 5-story buff-colored brick building, ornamented with Carthage and Bedford stone with a green clay tile roof. The design for this original wing was accomplished in a Gothic/Tudor Revival architectural style, with extensive treatments of all windows, including dormer windows with decorative cut stone accents. The basement exterior was finished in cut stone having a decorative cap band where brick veneer rises for 3 more stories, and with a cut-stone parapet to receive the clay tile roof.